Welcome to today’s positivity wave! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic woman and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- I am getting more and more interested in self-development and it makes me feel really good. I used to steer clear of the genre because some books suck, but hey, it happens in every genre! So this week I got myself three new beauties to feel better, learn, and keep an open mind… Welcome to the shelves, Alonement, Failosophy, and Fuck Being Humble!
- Talking about self-development, or self-care, I’m trying to find good podcasts to listen to when I need something to give me a new perspective. This past week I chose Practical Positivity on Spotify. If you have any recommendations, drop them in a comment!
- A proud blogger moment happened! I was lucky to read and review The Kindness Project and spotted my name in a few tweets from Headlines. It always makes my heart flutter 🥰 I strongly recommend this book!
- Dog moments!
- Decluttering my room felt really good. My bestie would be proud of me!
- Getting the sweetest nail polish to help me stop biting nails or devouring the skin around them! It’s called Relax Pink. On point!
- Team work. I never knew how important it was for me to feel part of a team and work with people. It makes me want to do even better.
- A lovely work-talk with a lovely lady with whom I have a lot in common. Planning your next steps should be fun, exciting, and a little scary.
- Signing up for a meditation class online. Again, going in with an open mind. After all, before starting yoga, I was sure it was not for me. Now I’m an addict!
- Pastry time! LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY! You can’t imagine the self-control it required to take a picture before eating it…
- Reading time! Okay, this has only happened at the weekend because the week was hectic BUT I’m grateful for any minute spent within the pages of a book.
- Weight milestone. I finally reached 50kg / 7.8 stones / 110 pounds! 🎉🎉🎉 I can give blood, I can fit a size S or 36. For a long time, I was afraid to talk about it. We hear a lot about losing weight, not so much about gaining weight, but it is equally as important. So yay me for making it. It is all about feeling good in your skin and head, not about fitting in those skinny jeans. I was not happier in a size 0.
That’s it from me for this week! I’m off assessing my work week, and then I’ll either go catch up on reviews or read… Probably read!
Stay safe, be kind, and see you soon!